Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labour Day Weekend at the Cottage

On the weekend I went with my brother Dave and his son Alex up to his cottage. We had dinner at Paul Weber's on the way there (a burger joint where many Muskoka cottagers stop). The weather was cold and it rained part of the time. I was depressed for much of Saturday, as being at the family cottage reminds me of the period 1985-92 when I was depressed a lot. My brother's partner Susan was there, and we had barbecued sausages for dinner. Then Dave, Alex, and myself played Scrabble, and I won (I got 80 points for EXTREMER).

On Sunday all 4 of us participated in bringing the floating dock into shore (3 of us went out in the rowboat). Alex had to don his bathing suit and brave the cold, cloudy conditions to help us accomplish that task. I had 3 games of backgammon with Susan and she won 2 of those games. Then Susan and Alex went home, and for dinner we had barbecued hamburgers, then we watched a movie, Mystic River, which was a good movie. The main character of that movie, played by Sean Penn, endures the anguish of his 19-year old daughter being murdered near the beginning of the movie, which was directed by Clint Eastwood. We went home on Monday morning, and that was a good weekend, despite the poor weather (I didn't go swimming).

On the way home Dave suggested something I can get Alex for his 18th birthday on Sept. 14, which I won't reveal here in the unlikely event that Alex reads this post. I'm going to buy that birthday present on Thursday, after I meet my homeless friend Constance at the shelter and give her 50 dollars, which I do every month. I will see my supervisor at Fred Victor, William, a week from now (he's been away), so hopefully by then I'll know where I stand in regards to my ClixAcademy proposal. In 4 weeks I fly out to Victoria to visit my sister. This week I must go to my brother's place and pick up my 2009 income tax return (Susan does my taxes every year). I'm going to cancel my web hosting with DiscountASP.Net, which expires tomorrow. I have a new email address: hahnbytes@gmail.com. I might have a bowl of Bran Flakes, as I'm hungry and the 225g frozen dinner I ate a while ago didn't fill me up, although it tasted good. I might watch The National on CBC News Network one hour from now. Now I must log on to my account at my web hosting service, and then chow down on Bran Flakes. Munch, munch. Let me publish this post now, and later, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment