Today in the wee hours of the morning I found a web site that features a VoIP SDK (Voice over Internet Protocol Software Development Kit). I realized I could use that SDK, by combining it with open source Remote Desktop Software (RDS), to create a VoIP client, which in turn would enable ClixAcademy users to communicate with their tutors via a Skype-style headset. I then sent an email to Arvin, my boss, proposing to develop ClixAcademy (and the VoIP client) in partnership with APROM, which would own ClixAcademy.com and pay me royalties. He replied that he first has to discuss it with his partners, Raj and Dave, however he is "interested." Later today I updated my ClixAcademy proposal to incorporate the VoIP info, sent it to Arvin, and told Arvin I would send it to William, my supervisor at Back to Basics, next week when he returns from his break.
Yesterday I sent Arvin another email, in which I asked his permission to telecommute, and he OK'd it today. I would install RDS on my home computer, and connect with my APROM computer on Wednesdays and Fridays (controlling it remotely). On those days I would call the office in the morning and the evening requesting that my computer be booted up or shut down, respectively. That would save me $75 per month, since I would only have to commute to Mississauga once a month to meet with Arvin.
Tomorrow I'm going up to my brother's cottage in Muskoka (he's going to pick me up at 3 p.m.). I haven't been up there with my brother in years. I will go in to the office early in the morning tomorrow; normally I don't show up until 11:30. Hopefully next week I will find out where I stand with ClixAcademy. I hope they approve it as it's potentially more lucrative and socially useful than Pygridz. I hope to put in more hours at APROM in future as I haven't been doing that in the recent past. I went to the dentist recently and I'm determined to get into the habit of flossing my teeth twice a week (on Thursdays and Sundays), which I accomplished this evening. Later I could increase it to every other day. Now you're up to speed with my ClixAcademy exploits and other aspects of my life. Time to chill out on the couch for a while, and then watch The National. My sister's currently visiting friends in Italy. So, arrivederci.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment