I'm settling in to my new life as a stay-at-home programmer. I had to abandon the Pygame code I wrote for Clixmaker. Instead I'm using wxPython (a GUI toolkit for laying out the screen) and Cairo (a graphics toolkit). I will use Pygame to do the animation, after I complete the static version of the game editor. Today I finished the main menu, and tonight I might start writing the color picker. I need 2 colored squares (I can use empty labels) for the fill color and the pen color, a "Pen Color" checkbox, a "Select" button to invoke the wxPython color-selection dialog box, and a "Clear" button to white out either the fill color or the pen color and draw a black X character in the corresponding label.
Early on Tuesday morning I emailed Arvin, offering him a 10 percent part-ownership of Clixmaker. He replied that afternoon that he has to get input from his partners before deciding whether or not to accept my offer. I'm going to email him this evening to tell him that if he wishes, he can defer making that decision until I finish the static version of the game editor, which will probably take 2 or more months.
I have been depression-free since Dec. 27 (the 12th anniversary of my father's cardiac arrest; he died 5 weeks later), so that's 9 days w/o depression. I like being a stay-at-home programmer. Yesterday I went to my volunteer job at Fred Victor, and I like that job now. I'm probably not going to return to Progress Place. Today it's sunny and cold, and I went for a 30-minute walk, something I must do at least 5 days a week (I must start flossing my teeth twice a week). I might have spaghetti for dinner, and I'm out of milk. Tomorrow I must make an appt. w/ my GP, to review the results of my blood/urine tests which I had last summer. I was supposed to see him on Sept. 30 but I missed that appointment. Next week I have an appt. w/ my psychiatrist. He'll be glad to hear that my depression will have been non-existent for over 2 weeks (touch wood). I will tell him that I ran out of work to do at APROM in the middle of December and asked my boss if I can work on an on-call basis, and he agreed to that.
A while back I told my brother that I might sign up for Netflix (unlimited movies downloaded off the Internet for $8/month), but I don't think I will do that. My sister hinted that she might buy me a Kindle, and I can download books to read (I currently don't read any books, only the Saturday Globe and Mail). I can also watch the TV News every evening (sometimes twice in one evening: at 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on weeknights). I'm glad that I've lost all desire to hook up with the opposite sex, as I like being single and unattached. Nothing but puttering about on the computer and lying on the couch, relaxing, watching the news, or reading. I'm going to publish this post now, and then write my email to Arvin and send it after I eat dinner. I'm as happy as a clam; take it easy.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment