I'm going to use Google App Engine to implement Clixmaker. In order to do so, I must simplify my game model. All game objects are either cell-based or missiles. All cell-based objects (which includes all players and non-player characters) occupy a grid cell. Missiles can be located anywhere, not just in grid cells. Two kinds of missiles exist: circular and rectangular. The shape of a missile indicates how collision detection works for that missile (a circular missile can be any shape, but has a circle which is used for collision detection). Circular missiles can move in any direction; rectangular missiles can only move up, down, left and right. All collision detection between missiles and either cell-based objects or other missiles takes place at the client level (on the players' computers, not on the server).
After I implement a sample game, probably a simple 2-player Pong-like game, I will ask Arvin (my boss) if he wants to partner with me. APROM would own 10 percent of Clixmaker and would receive 10 percent of the profits. In return, APROM personnel would be available to provide me with business and technical advice from time to time. Yesterday I went to APROM and worked for 6.33 hours (the last time I did any work at APROM was on Dec. 8). From now on, every Thursday morning I'm going to leave my condo at 8 and be at work around 9 a.m. If I work at least 5 hours per week at APROM, my savings will be depleted at the rate of only about $100 per month.
Today I have to go downtown to set up Mark B.'s email. Mark has schizophrenia and Asperger's Syndrome. I used to help his mother with computer problems, back when I owned a car. I'm out of milk and frozen dinners, so I must buy groceries today. This afternoon I'm going to read the Globe and Mail. I will have coffee after I buy milk. Clixmaker: the Google app that launched a thousand other apps (little Clixmaker games). And now pardon me while I bow down and pray to the Google gods. Game development should be easy: my new motto. Easy does it. All's well that ends well. Not hardly any depression for the likes of you, Reginald. Say goodbye to the nice people, Reginald. Bye-bye.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment