Last Thursday I had an appt. w/ my psychiatrist, and the next day I went on a programming binge. On Saturday I did a big grocery shopping, and they had taken out 2 aisles, leaving a big empty space in the middle of the store. I saw a "building permit" sign on the window, but did not read it as it was on the outside of the window and I was inside. I was worried my supermarket was closing, and I would have to move (the next closest supermarket is a 10 or more minute walk, and I have no car). If I didn't move I would face a much less convenient grocery shopping experience. That worry contributed to my getting depressed on Saturday afternoon, and staying depressed until today. I had an appt. w/ my GP this afternoon, and on the way back I stopped by my grocery store, and they're not closing. Instead they're undergoing renovations, as the Price Chopper is being converted to a Freshco, and I later went online and that's just a trendier version of Price Chopper, but still a discount supermarket (so hopefully the prices won't go up too much).
Tomorrow afternoon I go to my volunteer job, my cleaning lady is coming on Thursday, and Friday I go to my day job in Mississauga (which is only one day a week now). A week from now I'm going to the Clarke (CAMH, where my shrink is located) to get blood work done. Since last June my weight went down, from 83 to 80 kg (176 lbs.). I must go for 30-minute walks more often, so I can keep losing weight.
Last Friday I got an email from my nephew Jesse (he's a filmmaker), who is still interested in playing some kind of role in my Clixmaker project. He didn't reply for a long time as he was busy working on his own stuff. So I told him he could help me gather Clixmaker-related feedback from gamers, people in the game industry, and others. He lives in Vancouver, which is a hotbed of game development activity, so maybe he can connect me with people in the industry. My sister (Jesse's mother) is taking an abstract acrylic painting course, and a course in Photoshop. She's going to visit me when those courses are over in late February. I just went online and found out that Champix is a drug to quit smoking (I have been bombarded with Champix commercials recently). I think I will call my brother this week and invite his family over for dinner next weekend (not this coming weekend but the weekend after). I gave Jesse my Clixmaker web address, so today I sanitized a neighbouring web page somewhat (linked to from clixmaker.com), removing a bunch of references to former versions of Clixmaker, all with different names, except for the oldest version which is called Treenimation.net.
This month I finished entering my expenses for the last quarter of 2010 into my spreadsheet of income/expenses, and updated the master worksheet which contains one column for each of the past 8 or 9 quarters. The 2010 calendar year is the first year without any car expenses (I got rid of my car in the fall of 2009). My monthly expenses for 2010 were between $1400 and $1500. I just had an idea: I might reverse the order of columns in the master worksheet (to reverse chronological order), so the most recent year is always on the left, next to the labels in the leftmost column, average monthly expenses for all time in the 2nd column, and average YTD monthly expenses in the 3rd column.
I'm so glad that I don't have to move (despite my sky-high condo fees, I can afford to pay them and I love the location: close to the subway, supermarket, drug store, my brother's place, and it's in a nice neighbourhood where I can take my brisk 30-minute walks). Tomorrow evening, or definitely by Wednesday, I'm going to resume working on Clixmaker. I might have trouble sleeping tonight, as today I'm switching from being depressed to not depressed, in which case I will don my PJs and work on Clixmaker in the wee hours of the morning. If I do have trouble sleeping, I will try listening to music on my clock radio (which rarely does any good). A few months ago I switched from listening to Classic Rock on Q-107 (Led Zeppelin, 60s and 70s) to 80s rock with disco (Boom 97.3). I found Q-107 to be too repetitive, playing the same songs over and over. Maybe if in future I listen to Q-107 only occasionally it won't seem so repetitive. Now I'm headed to the couch to await the arrival of The National at 9 o'clock (in 30 minutes). Keep up the good work converting the above written symbols (letters, words, sentences, etc.) into meaningful neural activity, dear blog reader, and I'll talk to you later.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment