I'm procrastinating about working on Clixmaker. Last Thursday (my cleaning lady came) and Friday (I had to go downtown to help Mark B. with a computer problem) I was slightly depressed. Saturday I was more depressed, and my allergy was bothering me. Today I'm not depressed, and I bought groceries. I got the Bran Flakes for free (a $3.99 value), as they overcharged me 30 cents for that item, which I brought to the attention of the cashier. So it pays to never buy fresh produce (which often has to be weighed), enabling me to calculate in my head the exact cost of my groceries. The downside of that policy is that I don't eat very healthy.
Mark B. has schizophrenia and Asperger's Syndrome, and his mother used to be in the same support group as my parents (for family members of those with schizophrenia). I was told his computer didn't work, but it did work. When I got there the technician was installing his Bell Internet modem. After the technician left, I couldn't get Mark's computer to recognize the modem, and the phone had no dial tone. I unplugged the modem and called Bell, and they said it was installed incorrectly and they would send another technician between 12 and 5 p.m. It was 12:30 at that point so I just went home. Today Mark called me from his mother's place, and it seems his mouse needs to be cleaned (or his mother might buy him a new mouse), as it is sticking. I also spoke to his mother, who was also there on Friday afternoon after I left. While she was there the 2nd technician connected Mark to the Internet. So I've arranged to go over to Mark's place on Tuesday at 12:30. Also that day I will fast (skip breakfast), leave the house at 10:30 a.m., have blood work done at the Clarke, eat lunch at Burger King, go to Mark's place, and go to my volunteer job at 1:30.
Tomorrow I'm going to work on Clixmaker. The first task is to write the design specs of the file format of the configuration file for a given Clixmaker game (the design specs are the same for every game, just the actual data is different for each game). On Thursday I must go to my day job in Mississauga. Soon I will have a 2nd cup of coffee. I need a new kettle but I can make coffee without a kettle, by boiling water in a pot, pouring it into a little frying pan with a spout-like thing, and then pouring it into my mug with a plastic coffeemaker on top. Then I put it in the microwave for 16 seconds. It's cold and sunny today. I ought to go for a walk, but I don't think I'll bother. I might finish reading the Saturday Globe and Mail today. I also haven't read the Focus section in the previous Saturday Globe. My brother and his family might come over for dinner on Saturday. Maybe on Friday I'll venture out and buy a new kettle, a refill for my date book, and a pair of jeans. I can do all that at a bunch of stores which are a 15-minute walk north of my condo. I could do that on Wednesday but it's supposed to snow that day. So I guess I will now boil water for coffee, after I publish this post. Let this current human-computer interaction session now give way to caffeine. Caffeine is good; so is lying on the couch. Bye-bye.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment