By the end of the month I hope to put up a help-wanted notice on SourceForge, where my open source Clixmaker project is hosted. Just today I decided to make it open source. I want to team up with 2 other Python programmers and a JavaScript programmer. I will be developing the Clixtalk Interpreter (my proprietary scripting language) and the Clixtalk-to-JavaScript Converter, both in Python. The other 2 Python programmers will be developing the game editor and the Python version of the game engine. The game engine (single-user version) handles animation and collision detection (detecting when objects bump into each other). The JavaScript programmer will be developing the JavaScript version of the game engine, and it's multi-user (so it also handles co-ordinating the activities of multiple users). The job of the JavaScript programmer is the most challenging and most important one, out of the 4 of us.
Prior to putting up that help-wanted notice, I need to fully document the format of the game configuration file, which is a text file structured as a JSON file (similar to XML but simpler). I also need to fully document the various kinds of events that can happen during the course of a game session. Examples of events include collision events (2 objects bumping into each other) or a user selecting a command from a menu. Other things to do include going over my web site with a fine-toothed comb, cleaning up the small amount of source code I've already written, and uploading it to SourceForge. I'm going to start working on that documentation tomorrow (my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow). Today I made a block diagram of the various Clixmaker components.
Today my electric kettle caught fire. Luckily I was in the kitchen at the time, and I quickly unplugged it (the fire was in the electrical cord near where it connects to the kettle). Now there's an ugly black stain on my kitchen counter top, but it's in the corner (by the toaster) so it's not that bad. Needless to say I won't be using that kettle anymore. I found I can get by without a kettle temporarily: I boil water in a pot, pour it into a frying pan that has a sort of spout-shaped indentation on its rim, and then pour it from the frying pan into my coffee mug that has a little plastic coffeemaker on top along with a coffee filter.
I just called my brother and invited his family over for dinner next Saturday the 29th. He's going to call me back when he finds out whether or not he has to work that day. My boss is going to China tomorrow for about 3 weeks. The day after tomorrow I go out to my job in Mississauga, which is only one day a week now. Maybe on the weekend I will venture out to the big box stores a 15-minute walk north of where I live. I need a 12-month month-at-a-glance refill for my date book, a new kettle with an auto-shut-off feature, and a pair of blue jeans. Two days ago I saw my GP and had the flu shot. In about an hour it will be time to watch The National on CBC. Maybe I will pay my Visa bill, which I can do online. I usually pay it twice a month, around the 20th and on the 1st of the month. If I don't pay it on the first I risk getting dinged for 25 cents or more by my Credit Card Insurance Premium (which I don't really need but the people who work in those call centres won't take no for an answer). Soon I must transfer $5000 from my savings account to my tax-free savings account. So I guess it's time to spellcheck/publish and say goodbye; that's all for now.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment