Friday, April 3, 2009

Diary: Saturday

What follows are 2 typical Saturdays: a bad Saturday and a good Saturday.

Saturday (bad)

Got out of bed at 10:15 and got dressed. Had breakfast. Took pills and brushed my teeth. Went downstairs to fetch the newspaper. Read the front section, feeling mildly depressed. Had 2 frozen waffles for lunch. Turned on the computer. Made coffee. Checked my email. Lied on the couch and had my coffee. Read the rest of the paper. Lied on couch. Had a frozen TV dinner. Lied on couch. Watched the news and W-Five on CTV for 2 hours. Had some cookies. Took pills and brushed my teeth. Turned off the computer. Went to bed prior to 8:30 p.m. (thereby observing Earth Hour).

Saturday (good)

Woke up after falling asleep on the couch. Wrote email to Ralph, my ex-brother-in-law. Polished my blog. Received Ralph's reply, and replied to his reply.
Logged off my computer and went to bed. Got out of bed at 8:20 and got dressed. Logged onto my computer. Had breakfast. Took pills and brushed my teeth. Went downstairs to fetch the newspaper and the mail. Checked email. Made coffee. Read front section of newspaper. Lied on couch. Had 2nd coffee. Made grocery list. Bought groceries. Calculated total price before reaching the checkout, but my answer was 19 cents short as I forgot to add tax for the No. 2 coffee filters. The correct answer was $25.37. Usually I buy the same things over and over, but today I bought something new: an apple crumb pie, 900 grams, for $3.99 (it was marked down $1.50). Called my brother to suggest that we visit our Aunt Helen tomorrow afternoon, who is 94, has Alzheimer's and lives in a retirement home. I'm picking him up at 2:00. Trimmed beard. Had slice of pie, which wasn't very good. While eating the last forkful it occurred to me I should have put it in the microwave.

Opened my Python tools on the computer. Lied on the couch, thinking to myself that Saturdays w/o depression are a wonderful gift (the day of the week I'm most likely to be depressed is Saturday). Felt tiny sliver in my thumb. Couldn't find a pair of tweezers. Had 3rd coffee. Tried to psyche myself up to write a 2nd Python tutorial for Javier, who said he would send me a 2nd Java tutorial but I haven't heard from him in over a week. Had a longer than normal phone conversation with my friend Constance, who is homeless and lives in shelters. She calls me almost every day. Ate potato chips. Lied on couch. Wrote 2nd Python tutorial for Javier, which was a big job. Consolidated all email correspondence with Javier in one folder. Watched first 30 minutes of CTV news at 6:00. For dinner, had bread & butter, and a frozen turkey pie. Washed dishes. Watched 2 minutes of W-Five and turned off the TV. Took evening meds. Read Focus & Books section of Globe (newspaper). Had 2 frozen waffles. Read my book, Black Hawk Down. Had a cup of tea. Lied on couch. Sent email informing people that the diary portion of my blog is finished. Finished the potato chips. Read my entire blog from start to finish, hoping I don't get bored out of my skull (on second thought, I think I'll put that off until tomorrow). Shut down the computer. Brushed my teeth. Went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment